Winter Spiced Low Carb Granola
This spiced granola is sweet and crunchy – the perfect alternative to a standard breakfast cereal. Preparing on the hob offers a quick and easy alternative to baking the granola, meaning you can whip up a batch in no time at all! This is an ideal breakfast for meal prepping as you can make in bulk providing multiple breakfast servings.
- 125 g pecans roughly chopped
- 125 g walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 45 g flaked almonds
- 85 g chia seeds
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 35 g sunflower seeds
- 30 g pumpkin seeds
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- a pinch of sea salt
- Add the chopped nuts, seeds and flaked almonds in a mixing bowl, and stir well to combine.
- Add the coconut oil, erythritol and dried spices to a large frying pan (skillet) over a low/medium heat. Once the coconut oil has melted stir well to combine.
- Add the nut and seed mixture to the pan along with the salt. Stir well coating evenly in the oil and spice mixture.
- Toast the granola in a pan over a low/medium heat for 6-8 minutes until fragrant and lightly golden brown.
- Let the granola cool completely and then break apart into granola clusters.
- Serve with ice cold plant based milk and transfer any remaining granola to an airtight container to store.
Calories: 646kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 17gFat: 59gFiber: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!