Low Carb Pork Paprikash Soup
This low carb soup is inspired by a classic paprikash, rich with aromatic paprika and sweet bell pepper.Loaded with flavour, fats and low carb veggies, this is a great option for batch cooking. Simply multiply the quantities as required and freeze leftover portions for future meals.
- 500 g minced pork (ground pork)
- 960 ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ¼ small white cabbage roughly chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper (capsicum) de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 200 g tinned (canned) tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and add the pork mince. Cook until browned all over.
- Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper and cabbage and stir well to combine. Sweat gently until just tender.
- Add the paprika and tomatoes and stir into the vegetables.
- Add the stock and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Spoon over sour cream and scatter with fresh parsley to serve.
Calories: 481kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 38gFat: 32gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!