One-Pan Chicken Roast
This simple one-pan keto roast is a great option for Sunday dinners or even divided into individual lunch portions throughout the week.
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 6 stems tenderstem broccoli tough ends removed
- 4 small chicken thighs skin on, bone in
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic skin on
- ¾ medium swede (rutabaga) cubed
- 1 small red onion peeled and sliced into 6
- ½ tbsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), or 180°C (350°F) for fan assisted.
- Arrange the swede across a shallow oven tray. Drizzle over a tablespoon of olive oil and season well. Transfer to the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- Season the chicken thighs and add to the pan, skin side down in amongst the swede. Roast for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add the garlic, onion wedges and broccoli to the tray.
- Turn the chicken skin side up and drizzle the remaining oil over the vegetables. Scatter over the thyme and lemon zest and return to the oven to bake for a further 20 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through and the skin is golden and the swede is tender.
Calories: 639kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 49gFat: 42gFiber: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!