Minced Beef Keto Chilli
This keto friendly take on beef chili is perfect for making up in batches and freezing for future meals. The recipe will provide generous portions which is perfect for batch cooking. This dish can also be accompanied by your choice of toppings such as grated cheddar or sour cream, and simply served with a portion of cauliflower rice or in a lettuce wrap.
- 1 kg minced beef (ground beef)
- 480 ml beef stock
- 800 g tinned (canned) tomatoes diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium white onion finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper finely diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder or hot according to your taste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the peppers, onion and garlic to the pan and sweat until tender. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beef mince, season with salt and pepper and stir well to combine. Continue to cook until the beef has browned all over.
- Add all the herbs and spices to the pan, stirring into the beef and vegetables.
- Add the tomato and tomato puree to the pan. Mix well to combine.
- Add the stock to the pan and bring to a gentle boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and continue to cook for an hour until the sauce has thickened and reduced.
Calories: 513kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 32gFat: 39gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!