Low Carb Tuna Mayo Layered Salad
This layered tuna salad is packed with texture and flavour. This is ideal for meal prepping as it can be made in bulk and divided into individual lunch portions. This makes a great sharing salad bowl or individual mason jar salads providing a perfect portable lunch!
- 120 g tuna flaked
- 6 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 4 small spring onions (green onions) finely sliced
- ½ small iceberg lettuce chopped
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp capers chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs hardboiled, sliced
- 1 ¼ tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 small avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small cucumber sliced
- salt and pepper to season
- To prepare the tuna mayo, add the tuna to a mixing bowl along with the lemon zest, capers, mayonnaise and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- To assemble the salad, arrange the lettuce in the base of a salad bowl (or divide between individual jars).
- Layer the sliced tomato over the lettuce, followed by the cucumber and sliced egg.
- Spoon the tuna mayo over the egg layer and top with sliced avocado.
- Scatter the spring onions over the top of the salad and drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil to serve.
Calories: 427kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 20gFat: 35gFiber: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!