Low Carb Strawberry Granola Sundae
This crunchy and creamy sundae makes for a great low-carb breakfast or brunch option. The granola and jam come together quickly on the hob, with the strawberries bringing a natural sweetness to the sundae. The granola calls for a little erythritol but you can omit this entirely if you would prefer not to use a sweetener.
- 6 medium strawberries roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp macadamia nuts chopped
- 4 tbsp almonds roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp pecans roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp erythritol optional
- 280 g full fat Greek yoghurt (yogurt)
- Add the strawberries to a small saucepan with the water and bring to a rapid boil. Let the mixture bubble for a minute until the strawberries soften and you can mash them easily with a fork.
- Reduce to a simmer and continue to mash the strawberries until you have a jam-like consistency. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan over a low/medium heat. Add the chopped nuts, chia seeds, cinnamon and erythritol. Stir to combine.
- Toast the granola mixture gently for about five minutes until lightly golden and fragrant. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cool, divide the yoghurt, jam and granola between two serving glasses, creating alternating layers.
Calories: 356kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 19gFat: 26gFiber: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!