Low Carb Spicy Chicken and Peanut Noodle Salad
This low carb spicy chicken noodle salad is light, crunchy and refreshing and served with a peanut and lime dressing. This is a great option for lunches and the chicken can even be prepared ahead of time and batch cooked for lunches throughout the week.
For the salad
- 250 g chicken breast cut into strips
- 2 small spring onions (green onions) sliced
- 2 tsp peanuts roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 large cucumber peeled
- 1 small red bell pepper deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 30 g baby spinach roughly chopped
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp tamari sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tbsp peanut butter
- ½ lime juiced
- From the dressing ingredients, add the olive oil, lime juice, chilli flakes and garlic to a mixing bowl. Mix together well to combine.
- Add the chicken to a bowl and spoon a tablespoon of the oil mixture over the top. Use your hands to coat the chicken well. Reserve the remaining untouched oil mixture to one side to be used for the dressing.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium/high heat and add the chicken pieces. Cook the chicken through until golden brown all over.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, add the remaining dressing ingredients to the bowl of oil and mix together until smooth.
- Peel the cucumber into long thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Add to a serving bowl with the pepper strips, fresh coriander and spring onion. Season to taste and toss well to combine.
- Top the salad with the cooked chicken pieces and scatter over the chopped peanuts.
- Drizzle with the peanut and lime dressing to serve.
Calories: 457kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 43gFat: 27gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!