Low Carb Pork Jambalaya
This low carb take on a classic jambalaya with cauliflower in place of traditional rice provides a hearty and filling stew, rich with aromatic spices and tender pork. This jambalaya can be prepared as a batch cook. It can be divided up as lunch portions and extra portions can be frozen for future meals.
- 1 kg pork loin sliced
- 400 g cauliflower rice
- 720 ml chicken stock
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sticks celery roughly diced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 small green bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 large tomato finely diced
- ½ small white onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp celery salt
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- fresh coriander (cilantro) to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan or casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the pork strips and fry until browned all over. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the pan and add the celery, onion, green pepper and garlic. Sweat the vegetables gently in the oil until tender.
- Add the tomato puree to the pan along with the dried herbs and spices. Stir well to combine with the vegetables.
- Add the stock to the pan and stir well. Return the pork strip to the pan and simmer for 20 minutes until piping hot and the pork is cooked through.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the pan and stir into the stock. Continue to simmer until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed and the cauliflower rice is fluffy.
- Divide into portions and scatter with fresh coriander to serve. Leave any leftover portions to cool completely before freezing.
Calories: 483kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 53gFat: 26gFiber: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!