Low Carb Pesto Chicken and Baked Courgette
Chicken with pesto and baked courgettes is a delicious simple bake dish for easy week day meals. The roasted chicken dressed with homemade pesto is bursting with herby flavour, making this a winning meal for the family.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 courgettes (zucchinis)
- 14 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 40 g fresh basil leaves
- 30 g parmesan cheese
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) .
- Cut courgettes (zucchinis) on thin slices.
- Spread the sliced courgettes and tomatoes on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the courgette is baking, cut the chicken breast into strips and season with salt and pepper.
- Warm 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the pan on low heat .
- Fry chicken strips on both sides until golden (around 8 minutes)
- Serve the roasted chicken strips along with the baked vegetables.
- Top the chicken and vegetables with the freshly made pesto dressing, see preparation steps below.
For the Homemade Pesto
- Cook the pine nuts on a small frying pan (skillet) until golden.
- Whizz pine nuts with parmesan, basil, garlic cloves, and remaining olive oil in a food processor until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 726kcalCarbohydrates: 14.3gProtein: 32.1gFat: 64gFiber: 4.4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!