Low Carb Mushroom and Chicken Risotto
A delicately tangy low carb mushroom and chicken risotto, using cauliflower to create a creamy rice base. Simple to put together thsi makes for a filling and tasty mid week meal.
- 200 g cauliflower rice
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 150 g chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp shallot finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 15 g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 140 g cooked chicken shredded
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 120 ml chicken stock
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a low/medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and sweat gently until tender.
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the rosemary and sliced mushrooms. Cook over a medium heat to brown the mushrooms all over.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the pan and stir well to combine.
- Add half the chicken stock and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the remaining stock to the pan along with the chicken pieces, cooking until hot through and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the creme fraiche and Parmesan until melted.
- Scatter with fresh parsley to serve.
Calories: 434kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 42gFat: 26gFiber: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!