Low Carb Lamb Pilaf with Cranberries and Almonds
This lamb pilaf is rich with tender lamb, fluffy cauliflower rice, tart cranberries, crunchy almonds and topped with aromatic herbs.This is a great recipe for making in bulk to be reheated for lunches throughout the week.
- 500 g lamb leg diced
- 4 cardamom pods
- 400 g cauliflower rice
- 40 g almonds toasted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries sugar free
- 480 ml chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ medium red onion sliced
- 5 g fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- 7.5 g fresh mint chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan or casserole dish over a medium/high heat. Add the diced lamb and onion and season to taste. Cook until the onion is tender and the lamb is browned all over.
- Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, ginger, cinnamon and cardamom pods. Stir well to combine.
- Add the cauliflower rice and stir well to combine, coating in the seasonings.
- Add the stock and cranberries and bring to a gentle boil, then simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed. Stir frequently.
- Scatter over the toasted almonds, mint and coriander to serve.
Calories: 525kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 36gFat: 35gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!