Low Carb King Prawn Ramen
This king prawn ramen is loaded with flavour from an aromatic spiced broth and packed with low carb veggies. Perfect for a warming lunch or weeknight dinners.The recipe calls for peeled courgette strips to create the noodles, but you can use store bought spiralised courgette if you prefer.
- 960 ml vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 small pak choi sliced lengthways
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger sliced
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 100 g mushrooms sliced
- 120 g king prawns shelled
- 1 medium courgette (zucchini) peeled into strips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ whole red chili chopped
- Add the eggs to a pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 6 minutes. Drain and rinse immediately under cold water. Peel the eggs then set aside for serving.
- Whilst the eggs are cooking, add the garlic, ginger and chilli to a large saucepan or casserole dish.
- Add the stock, tamari, lime juice and sesame oil. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the stock is simmering, heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the Bok Choy and mushrooms and stir fry briefly for a minute or two until just tender.
- Strain the stock into the pan with the Bok Choy and mushrooms, discarding the solids so you have a clear broth.
- Add the king prawns to the broth for a couple of minutes to cook through, then stir through the noodles for a further minute to heat through.
- Divide the ramen between 4 bowls. Slice the eggs in half and arrange one half on each serving bowl. Scatter over the sesame seeds and fresh coriander.