Low Carb Chilli Chicken Soup
This low carb chilli chicken soup is packed with aromatic herbs and spices and topped with cooling sour cream and fresh coriander. This is a great option for batch cooking as you can prepare the soup in bulk and freeze individual portions for future meals.
- 60 ml sour cream
- 720 ml chicken stock
- 2 large chicken thighs skinless and boneless
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 stick celery finely diced
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 150 g green beans sliced in half
- 120 g cheddar cheese grated
- ½ medium red onion finely diced
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ lime juiced
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or casserole dish over a low/medium heat. Add the onion and celery and sweat until tender.
- Add the minced garlic and stir well, cooking gently until fragrant.
- Add the tomato purée and the dried herbs and spices. Stir into the vegetables to combine.
- Add the chicken thighs and stir to coat in the seasonings, then add the stock, lime juice and chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil then cover and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and shred into bite sized chunks using two forks. Return to the saucepan along with the green beans.
- Continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes until the beans are tender.
- Top with sour cream, grated cheese and chopped cilantro to serve.
Calories: 332kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 22gFat: 23gFiber: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!