Low Carb Chicken Liver and Bacon Pate
This rich buttery pate is a great way to incorporate more nutrient-dense organ meat into your diet.Sautéed chicken livers are blended with aromatic sage and cooked bacon to create a semi-smooth pate, perfect for spreading on keto bread or crackers.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ small shallot finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 400 g chicken livers sinew removed
- 4 streaky bacon rashers (strips) roughly chopped
- 4 medium sage leaves roughly chopped
- 60 g unsalted butter melted
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat a tablespoon of butter in a frying pan (skillet) over a medium heat. Add the shallot and sweat until tender, then add the garlic, cooking until fragrant.
- Add the chicken livers to the pan and fry until cooked through and browned all over. Transfer to a food processor while you cook the bacon.
- Add the bacon and sage to the frying pan used to cook the liver and fry until the bacon is cooked through and browned all over.
- Add the bacon and sage to the food processor along with the liver, onion and garlic.
- Add a tablespoon of the melted butter to the food processor, season generously and blend everything into a semi-smooth paste.
- Spoon the pate into a clean serving dish or ramekin and pour over the melted butter.
- Allow the pate to cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
Calories: 336kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 27gFat: 24g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!