Low Carb Broccoli Pesto Soup
This broccoli low carb soup is infused with a rich spinach and basil pesto packing it with flavour as well as nutrition. This makes for a great warming lunch on its own or can even be enjoyed as a dinner with some keto flatbreads.This soup is perfect for batch cooking. Simple double the recipe as required and freeze extra portions for future meals.
- 3 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 720 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 30 g baby spinach
- 25 g fresh basil
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small head broccoli cut into florets
- ¼ medium white onions finely chopped
- Add the garlic, basil, spinach, 1 tablespoon of pine nuts and parmesan to a food processor. Blend to combine until well broken down.
- Add 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil to the food processor and blend again to form a pesto. Set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan or casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the onion and sweat until tender.
- Add the broccoli and pesto and stir into the onion mixture until well combined.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the mixture to a simmer for ten minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Reheat the soup if required and serve with an extra drizzle of olive oil and scatter with fresh basil.