Keto Turkey Meatballs with Sundried Tomatoes and Pesto
These turkey meatballs are quick and easy to make yet packed with flavour. The meatballs themselves are rich with parmesan, oregano and sundried tomatoes and complemented perfectly by a basil and spinach pesto. Spiralised courgette has been used in place of spaghetti. This can be store bought or you can prepare your own with a spiraliser or by simply using a speed peeler to create thin pasta ribbons.
For the Spaghetti and Meatballs:
- 450 g courgettes (zucchini) spiralised
- 300 g minced turkey (ground turkey)
- 4 sundried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- ½ tbsp pine nuts
- salt and pepper to season
For the Pesto:
- 25 g fresh basil
- 30 g baby spinach
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of sea salt
- To make the pesto, add the basil, spinach, parmesan, pine nuts, garlic and salt to a food processor and pulse to form a chunky paste.
- Slowly add the oil a little at a time, blending until you reach the desired consistency. Taste and add extra oil or salt if required.
- Add the turkey mince to a mixing bowl along with ¾ of the chopped sundried tomatoes, the oregano, parmesan and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, mix together thoroughly and divide into 12 even meatballs.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan (skillet) over a medium heat and add the meatballs. Fry for 3 minutes or so per side or until golden brown all over and completely cooked through.
- Whilst the meatballs are cooking, add the courgette spaghetti to a large pan with 2 tablespoons of water over a low/medium heat. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just tender, draining away any excess liquid.
- Add 2/3 of the pesto to the pan with the courgette and stir through to coat.
- To serve, top the spaghetti with the meatballs and drizzle over the remaining pesto. Scatter with the remaining tomatoes and pine nuts.
Calories: 667kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 41gFat: 52gFiber: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!