Keto Sirloin Steak Rolls with Gorgonzola and Mushroom Sauce
These beef rolls are a great way to reinvent your regular steak dinners. Sirloin steaks are flattened into thin layers and stuffed with a hearty portion of spinach and gorgonzola and pan fried to perfection. The rolls are then topped with a creamy mushroom sauce to bring the dish together. The steak rolls can be served as they are, on a bed of lightly wilted spinach or simply accompanied by a green salad.
- 75 g gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sirloin steak approx. 150g each
- 60 g fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 100 g mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 80 ml double cream (heavy cream)
- ¼ red onion finely diced
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a low/medium heat and add half the minced garlic and the onion. Sweat until tender and translucent.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the spinach so that it is lightly wilted.
- Add the cheese to the pan and evenly stir through the vegetable mixture.
- Place each steak between two sheets of cling film and use a meat tenderizer or rolling pin to flatten the steaks to roughly ½- ¾ cm thick. Season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Divide the cooled vegetable mixture in two and spoon one half along the very centre of each flattened steak, all the way towards the edge, leaving a good gap each side for rolling.
- Bring the far edge of the steak towards you, folding it over the filling so that it overlaps with the closest edge, sealing the vegetables and cheese securely inside. Pin together with toothpicks to hold.
- Taking a sharp knife, slice each steak roll in half across the center so that you have four individual rolls.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Carefully add the steak rolls seam side down. Brown all over and cook through to taste.
- To prepare the mushroom sauce, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over a low/medium heat and add the remaining garlic, thyme and sliced mushrooms. Season to taste and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add the cream to the pan and bring to a gentle boil, then reduce, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Pour the creamy mushroom sauce over the steak rolls to serve.
Calories: 724kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 51gFat: 55gFiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!