Keto Sausage and Leek Stew
This hearty and warming sausage stew is packed with low carb veggies and a rich tomato sauce. This is a great option for batch cooking, simply multiply the ingredients accordingly and freeze leftover portions for future meals.
- 4 pork sausages diced into 2.5 cm pieces
- 4 bacon rashers (strips) roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves only
- 85 g kale
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 large leek sliced
- 200 g tinned (canned) tomatoes chopped
- 240 ml chicken stock
- ¼ medium red onion sliced
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan or casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the diced sausage and cook until browned all over.
- Add the remaining olive oil, onion, leek, garlic, bacon and thyme. Continue to cook until the vegetables are tender and fragrant, and the bacon has browned.
- Add the tomatoes and stock and mix well to combine.
- Bring the stew to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Add the kale, season to taste and stir well. Remove from the heat once the kale has just wilted.
Calories: 1144kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 48gFat: 94gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!