Keto Pancetta and Green Bean Risotto
This pancetta and green bean keto risotto uses riced cauliflower, mascarpone cheese and tangyParmesan to create a creamy low carb risotto base.This makes for a quick and easy dinner option, loaded with low carb veggies and flavoursome fats.
- 70 g green beans
- 200 g cauliflower rice
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp white onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 15 g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 145 g pancetta diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 30 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 160 ml chicken stock
- Add the green beans to a pan of boiling water. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Drain and rinse immediately under cold water. Dice into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook through until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and sweat gently until tender.
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the cauliflower rice. Stir well to combine.
- Add half the chicken stock and simmer until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the remaining stock to the pan along with the diced beans and pancetta. Stir well to combine and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the mascarpone and Parmesan until melted.
- Scatter over fresh parsley to serve.