Keto Zesty Mexican Style Pulled Chicken
Shredded chicken legs cooked in a delicious and flavourful chipotle sauce. It is very easy to make and does not require a lot of preparation time - only 10 minutes and you are done. This dish is perfect for a midweek dinner. When cooked, chicken is very tender and full of flavour with a little kick. Delicious eaten with salads, cauliflower rice, soups or on its own - the choice is yours!
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 4 chicken legs boneless and skinless
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 white onions roughly chopped
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 1 tomato chopped
- 10 g fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 360 ml water
- In a heavy bottom pan, over medium high heat heat up 1 tbsp ghee. Add chicken legs and brown on each side.
- To a blender or food processor add chipotle peppers, salt, oregano, cumin, paprika, garlic cloves, ginger, onion, lime juice and lime zest, chopped tomatoes, cilantro and water. Whiz until smooth.
- To the browned chicken add chipotle sauce. Bring it to a boil then reduce heat to low and cook for 40-50 minutes, turning chicken occasionally until cooked.
- Using two forks shred the chicken.
Calories: 251kcalCarbohydrates: 8.4gProtein: 27.5gFat: 12.7gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!