Keto Lamb Koftas with Moroccan Chopped Salad
These simple yet flavoursome keto lamb koftas are an excellent meal prep idea for lunch boxes or simply when you need food to grab and go. The recipe will make 3 individual koftas per 1 portion. The koftas can be cooked then divided between lunch portions for the week and any remaining koftas can be frozen.The koftas are served alongside a simple chopped salad with a tahini dressing. The salad ingredients will provide enough for 10 portions also and can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for several days.
For the Koftas
- 1 kg minced lamb (ground lamb)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp dried coriander leaf
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ small red onion finely diced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
For The Chopped Salad
- 10 small spring onions (green onions) finely chopped
- 50 g pine nuts
- ½ red cabbage (approx 800g) finely chopped
- 2 large cucumber finely chopped
- 480 g black olives pitted and halved
- 20 g fresh coriander (cilantro)
For the tahini dressing
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ lemon juiced
- a pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) or 180°C (350°F) for fan assisted.
- Add the lamb mince to a large mixing bowl along with all the dried herbs, spices, salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 30 balls then press into oblong/flat sausage shapes, about 1 cm thick.
- Arrange the koftas across a shallow oven tray and bake for 15-17 minutes until completely cooked through.
- The tahini sauce will provide 10 servings. This can be made fresh each time you prepare your salad or you can make a batch to last a few days, simply divide the ingredients accordingly. To prepare the tahini sauce add the tahini, water, lemon juice and the garlic to a small mixing bowl with a pinch of salt. Whisk together until smooth.
- To assemble your salad, add the diced spring onions, cabbage, cucumber, pine nuts and olives to a serving bowl or lunch box. Drizzle over the tahini dressing and top with 3 koftas and scatter with fresh coriander.
Calories: 419kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 25gFat: 32gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!