Keto Curried Scrambled Eggs
These keto scrambled eggs are rich, creamy and loaded with aromatic spices and curry powder. The eggs are mixed with a little double cream but you can simply omit this for dairy-free.These make for a vibrant brunch or as a filling for low carb bread.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp red onion finely diced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp fresh red chilli finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato seeds and pulp removed and flesh diced
- 1 tbsp double cream (heavy cream)
- 30 g baby spinach stems removed
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro) roughly chopped
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat the butter in a frying pan (skillet) over a low/medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, ginger and chilli. Sweat gently until tender.
- While the onion and spice mix is cooking, add the egg and cream to a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper and beat together well to combine.
- Add the diced tomato, cumin, dried coriander and curry powder to the pan. Cook for a minute until fragrant and the tomato has softened.
- Add the beaten egg mixture to the pan along with the spinach and give everything a good stir.
- Allow the egg to settle and cook for a moment before scrambling with a spatula, cooking to preference.
- Scatter with the chopped coriander to serve.
Calories: 259kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 14gFat: 20gFiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!