Keto Coconut Chicken and Cauliflower Curry
This rich and creamy curry is packed with tender chicken and mildly spiced cauliflower pieces. This curry works well served alongside a keto flatbread for soaking up the sauce!
- 12 chicken thighs
- 1 large cauliflower cut into florets
- 800 ml coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 240 ml chicken stock
- .5 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) (1 bunch)
- Heat one tablespoon of coconut oil in a large casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the chicken in batches cooking until browned all over, then remove and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger to the pan, cooking over a low/medium heat until tender.
- Add the turmeric, dried coriander, cumin, and curry powder to the pan and stir. Sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the pan. Stir well, coating them in the spices and seasoning. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk to the pan along with the chicken stock and bring to a boil, stirring well.
- Return the chicken pieces to the pan and reduce to a simmer. Continue to simmer uncovered for 30 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through and the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Scatter with coriander to serve.
Calories: 512kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 44gFat: 33gFiber: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!