Keto Cauliflower Hash Browns with Bacon and Sour Cream
These low carb hash browns use riced cauliflower in place of potato and are topped with crisp bacon and sour cream. You can use shop bought cauliflower rice to prepare the hash browns, or simply grate a whole cauliflower to create your own rice. This makes a great brunch for stacking and sharing!
- 4 bacon rashers (strips) unsmoked
- 250 g cauliflower rice
- 2 small eggs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 medium spring onions (green onions) finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to season
- Add the cauliflower to a large mixing bowl with half of the spring onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix together well to combine.
- Add the eggs and mix together with the cauliflower so that it starts to hold together. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan (skillet) over a medium heat.
- Divide the cauliflower mixture into four even portions. Flatten two of them into patties and add to the pan, pressing into an even circle. Cook until golden brown on one side – about 4 minutes, flip, and repeat on the second side until golden brown all over and cooked through. Repeat this process with the remaining two patties.
- Whilst the last two hash browns are cooking, add the remaining oil to a separate pan and cook the bacon until crisp.
- To serve, stack the hash browns, layering them with bacon and top with the sour cream and remaining spring onions.
Calories: 449kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 15gFat: 38gFiber: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!