Keto Bacon Wrapped Cod With Garlic Cauliflower Mash and Salsa Verde
This deliciously simple keto dinner is loaded with healthy fats and complemented by flavoursome low carb veggies. Easy to prepare and quick to cook, this Keto Bacon Wrapped Cod with Garlic Cauliflower Mash and Salsa Verde is a great go – to midweek dinner.The cod fillets are wrapped and roasted in bacon and served on a bed of silky cauliflower mash, infused with garlic. The dish is brought together by a simple salsa verde, packed with flavour as well as nutrition.
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fillets cod skinless
- 2 bacon rashers (strips)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 60 g fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp capers
- ½ lemon zested
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), 180°C (350°F) for fan assisted. Line a shallow oven tray with foil.
- Taking each cod fillet in turn, wrap a rasher of bacon tightly around the middle, overlapping underneath the fillet.
- Arrange the fillets on the lined oven tray and sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper and a light drizzle of olive oil. Transfer to the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes until the cod is cooked through, opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Whilst the cod is cooking, remove the cauliflower stem and slice the top into even sized florets.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the cauliflower florets. Reduce to a simmer and cook until tender – about 6-7 minutes. The cauliflower needs to be relatively soft but not overcooked.
- Whilst the cauliflower is cooking, add the parsley, basil, 1 clove of garlic, the anchovy fillets, capers, and lemon zest to a food processor. Pulse briefly to combine.
- Slowly add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the food processor and continue to blend until you have a chunky salsa. Taste and adjust seasonings if required, adding extra oil for a thinner salsa. Set aside.
- Once the cauliflower has cooked, drain the water and add the cauliflower to a food processor. Add the remaining garlic, a generous tablespoon of olive oil, the sea salt and a pinch of pepper. Blend until silky smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if required.
- Serve the cod fillets on top of the mash and drizzle over the salsa verde.
Calories: 562kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 39gFat: 38gFiber: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!