Keto Almond Butter Chicken Kebabs
These simple chicken kebabs are smothered in a flavoursome almond butter marinade before being oven baked to perfection and served with extra sauce for dipping.This makes for a versatile meal prepping option, as once you have whipped up a batch of kebabs you can eat them hot for dinner and reserve leftover meat for various lunches throughout the week. Perfect served with cauliflower steaks, salad or roasted vegetables.
- 37.5 g almond butter
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- salt and pepper to season
- 400 g chicken breast diced
- Add the almond butter, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, dried spices, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Stir together until you have a smooth sauce.
- Transfer 3 tablespoons of the mixture to a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the diced chicken to the remaining marinade and stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinade.
- Whilst the chicken marinades, soak 4 wooden skewers in water to prevent burning. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), 180°C (350°F) for fan assisted and line a shallow oven tray with baking paper.
- Remove the marinated chicken from the fridge, divide evenly and thread onto the four skewers.
- Arrange the skewers across the lined oven tray and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken pieces are completely cooked through.
- Serve the skewers with the reserved dipping sauce.