Italian Pork Ribs
These Italian inspired pork ribs are coated in an aromatic marinade and oven-baked until tender and caramelised. These are a great addition to a summer BBQ or simply served with a salad or slaw, or why not try adding Avocado and Pea Mash for a side dish packed with healthy fats?
- 500 g pork ribs
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- ½ tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F), 170°C (325°F) for fan assisted.
- To make the marinade, mix together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, zest, garlic, tomato purée, rosemary, oregano, chilli, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the ribs across an oven tray and drizzle over 3/4 of the marinade. Reserve the rest to one side.
- Use your hands to coat the ribs in the marinade.
- Cover with foil and transfer to the oven for one hour to bake.
- After an hour, remove the foil and baste the ribs with the reserved marinade. Continue to cook for a further 30 minutes uncovered or until the pork is entirely cooked through.
Calories: 552kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 37gFat: 43gFiber: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!