Keto Friendly Creamy Fish Pie
A hearty and warming family favourite, this keto-friendly fish pie is all the flavour minus the carbs. The fish pie can be served alongside a mixed salad or with a serving of buttered green beans.
- 150 g king prawns cooked and peeled
- 100 g salmon diced
- 100 g haddock diced
- 100 g cod diced
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium cauliflower florets only
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 115 g cream cheese
- 60 ml single cream (light cream)
- ½ lemon zested
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°), or 180° (350°F) degrees for fan assisted.
- Add the cauliflower florets to a large pan of boiling water and simmer until tender – about 6 minutes. Drain thoroughly and transfer to a food processor.
- Add the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of chives and a generous pinch of salt and pepper and blend until you have a smooth and creamy mash.
- Heat the butter in a large pan over a low/medium heat and add the minced garlic, sweating until tender.
- Add the cream to the pan and stir well to combine, heating the cream through.
- Add the cream cheese and parmesan, stirring into the cream and butter until melted. Simmer until you have a thick and creamy sauce.
- Add the diced fish pieces, prawns, lemon zest and remaining chives to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring well to combine.
- Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the fish mixture to a medium oven dish.
- Evenly spoon the cauliflower mash over the top of the fish mixture then transfer to the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbling, cooked through and golden brown on top.
The sauce is naturally thickened with cream cheese and parmesan without the reliance on cornflour, providing a deliciously rich base for your seafood mix.
Calories: 390kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 27gFat: 27gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!