Creamy Keto Chicken and Bacon Stew
This creamy chicken and bacon stew is both hearty and warming, perfect to have on hand in colder months. The recipe will provide multiple servings, simply cook and divide the portions as required and freeze any leftovers for future meals. Also great when paired with your keto flatbread.
- 12 chicken thighs skinless, bone in
- 12 bacon rashers (strips) roughly diced
- 180 g mascarpone cheese
- 300 g mushrooms quartered
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 sticks celery finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 1 l chicken stock
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) or 180°C (350°F) for fan assisted.
- Heat the olive oil in a large casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the chicken thighs in batches, cooking until browned all over. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the celery, garlic, onion and bacon to the pan along with the thyme. Cook over a medium heat until the vegetables are tender and the bacon is crisp.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and bring to a simmer for 1-2 minutes, stirring well.
- Add the mascarpone and mustard to the pan, stir well to combine.
- Return the chicken pieces to the pan, covering them in the sauce. Season, then cover the casserole dish and transfer to the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove the stew from the oven and give everything a good stir. Add in the mushrooms and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir well and serve with keto bread or a portion of cauliflower rice.
Calories: 461kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 51gFat: 25gFiber: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!