Mason Jar Chicken Caesar Salad
Mason jar salads make the perfect portable lunch. This keto-adaptation of the chicken Caesar salad utilizes lemon poached chicken, however, this is also a great way to use up any leftover meat from a Sunday roast. This is a great option for meal prepping and will keep well in an airtight container or jar for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- 800 g chicken breast
- ½ lemon sliced
For the salad
- 1 ⅓ head romaine lettuce thickly sliced
- 250 g walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 red onions finely sliced
- salt and pepper to season
For the dressing
- 120 ml mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 anchovy fillets finely chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon juiced and zested
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Add the chicken breast to a large pan along with the sliced lemon and cover with cold water.
- Bring the pan of water to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Poach for 10-14 minutes until the chicken breasts are entirely cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Whilst the chicken cooks you can prepare the Caesar dressing. Add the mayonnaise to a small mixing bowl along with the mustard, olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, anchovies and parmesan. Season and whisk together until you have a smooth and creamy dressing.
- Whilst the chicken is cooling you can prepare the walnuts. Add the nuts to a dry pan over a low/medium heat and toast for 3-4 minutes until lightly golden and fragrant.
- To assemble the salad, add the lettuce, onion, torn chicken and walnuts to a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss well to combine.
- Divide the salad between individual serving bowls or sealable mason jars. Drizzle with the Caesar dressing just before serving.
Calories: 442kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 35gFat: 31gFiber: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!