Bacon Wrapped Italian Chicken Thighs
These bacon wrapped Italian chicken thighs are stuffed with ingredients from oozy mozzarella cheese, salty olives, sweet sundried tomatoes and aromatic oregano.These make for a simple yet flavourful dinner option served with a side salad or buttery green veggies.
- 8 streaky bacon rashers (strips)
- 6 sundried tomatoes finely chopped
- 4 medium chicken thighs skinless and boneless
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 60 g mozzarella cheese grated
- 9 black olives finely chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Add the olives, tomatoes, oregano, lemon zest and mozzarella to a mixing bowl. Season to taste and mix well.
- Open out the chicken thighs flat onto a clean surface.
- Divide the mozzarella mixture evenly and place in the centre of each thigh.
- Carefully roll the thighs up tightly around the filling, enclosing it inside.
- Wrap each chicken thigh in two rashers of bacon to secure the filling.
- Arrange the chicken thighs in a small oven proof dish and transfer to the oven to bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through and the bacon is crisp and golden.
- Scatter with fresh basil to serve.
Calories: 265kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 29gFat: 15gFiber: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!